Helpful Hints for Couples
Here at Arthur Murray we specialize in teaching couples to dance.
Here at Arthur Murray we specialize in teaching couples to dance. Teaching couples is different from teaching individuals and requires special care.
Teachers are trained to make learning fun and easy, and you can help by remembering the following:
- Let your teacher do the teaching. This means avoid finding fault with each other which can be distracting.
- It’s not how many steps you know; it’s how you execute them. (You always notice good dancers by how they move, not by how many patterns they do.) Learning too many steps too soon results in bad habits and frustration at not executing them properly.
- In teaching couples, we have learned that men typically progress slower because they have more to do and tend to be more analytical or mechanical. Women, on the other hand, feel movement quicker and therefore, THE LADY MUST TRY TO BE PATIENT AND NOT EXPECT TOO MUCH TOO SOON.
- It’s important to keep your lessons close together, and more importantly to use them in close conjunction with group lessons and practice lessons. Ideally, each visit should be scheduled to include more than one activity. This will aid you in making speedy progress and gaining confidence in your dancing in a shorter period of time.
- Communicate with your teacher so that he or she will know what to teach you and the way you like to be taught. The more we know about your dance needs the better we can plan your lessons now and prepare your future program.
- If you're looking for a fun place to dance in the Clermont area, this is it! In this new location the atmosphere is fun..., the staff is well trained, and the energy is high. Whether it's just you or you and a partner, you definitely can and will learn to dance whichever styles you like! Amanda taught me how to swing dance, and I'm never gonna stop 😀Sean OClermont
- I was a bit sheepish at first but in just a few lessons I started to build confidence. I was able to start dancing with just a few basic steps. What once seemed scary to me has become exciting for me. The love of my life is a great dancer and nothing makes her happier than when I ask her to dance! Thank you Arthur Murray!Robert DClermont
- Amanda, Dion and the rest of the Arthur Murray staff are amazing teachers! I had not danced a day in my life before our first lesson and their process is made for dancers of any level. My wife and I would recommend Arthur Murray of Clermont to anyone looking to learn to dance!Robert DClermont